Name:
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States

I love spending time with friends and family (especially my wife Rachel and daughters Abbey and Julia).

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Baby Blessing





I am leaving next Monday and will be on the road for several days. Fortunately, on Sunday, Feb. 19 I will be able to worship at Highland Church of Christ. Highland is special for many reasons. My wife and I had a great experince as Highland was our church home for three years. Small group, praise and worship, Mike, testimonies, Sunday evening tiaze' worship, fellowship communion, Wednesday night w/ Randy Harris...we miss it all!!! Highland will always be special. The scans you see above are from Abbey's baby blessing. You can see the picture of Abbey, Rachel, Mike Cope and I and the prayer Mike prayed over Abbey. This blessing and picture hang in Abbey's nursury as it is a cherished possesions. I believe something "happened" that day when Mike prayed over our family.

Rachel and I have received Abbey as a gift from God and pray daily that she will one day confess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

Mike Cope's prayer over Abbey and our family:

Lord of Life, today we join with Klint and Rachel in thanking you for Abigail, whom we receive as a gracious gift. We believe that you are the creator and sustainer of life who in six days brought this world into existence; and we also believe that you are the one who created Abigail and that you've known her and loved her while she was formed in her mother's womb.

This morning we ask you to blanket this family with your love. Pour out your blessings upon this family as you use them to declare the good news that Jesus Christ is risen. Let my hand upon Abigail this morning represent the care of a larger family of faith. Let us live before her lives that reflect our conviction that Jesus Christ is the Risen and Reigning Lord.

And now bless the tiny lips of this child, O Lord, for we anxiously await the day when they will proclaim her trust in Jesus, through whom we pray, Amen.

Mike Cope
3/20/05

3 Comments:

Blogger Bradford L. Stevens said...

What a wonderful memory and keepsake for Abbey. I can understand why religious people want to baptize babies. Oh that one could just mechanically hand out faith to a child. But, it does not work that way. It takes a family's love and a lifetime of experience and testimony to produce the kind of faith that a child will aspire to someday upon his or her own belief. You and Rachel are well on your way to doing that for Abbey. And, as you know, there have been a lot of prayers of those who have preceded you for her and your descendants yet to be born as well. Sorry we will miss seeing you next week; but, we will enjoy loving your wife and daughter in your absence. God bless,

Grandpa Brad

7:09 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I sure love you and your precious girls! I KNOW that Miss Abbey Rae will someday proclaim her belief in the risen Lord! I am thankful that you and Rachel are sewing seeds of faith in her already. My prayer for her is that her roots may go down deep into the love and call of Christ. I pray that she may be formed to be a mighty vesel and that she may be a student of the character of the Lord in evey facet of her life. You and Rachel are doing such an incredible job surrendering the gift God has given you back to Him. Blessings on you!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Happy Birthday, Klint!! I love you more than you will ever know. Thank you for living so passionately and intentionally for the Lord. May you continue to bring honor to his name with the gift of your life. I wish I could speak this to you in person. I hope I will get to hug you when you are in Abilene.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home