Name:
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States

I love spending time with friends and family (especially my wife Rachel and daughters Abbey and Julia).

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

No Need For A Christmas List This Year

Rachel is home! This morning the doctor said she would be in the hospital until Wednesday. However, later in the afternoon they decided to relaese her. She is VERY sore as she has been on morphine and other strong pain meds. The doctor said this surgery is actually much more painful than the first surgery. She has a lot of swelling and over 100 staples in her head. That being said, she is currently sound asleep! Praise God! She will have some lifting restrictions for several days...so no picking up Abbey. I spent last night with her in the hospital. Watching your spouse in pain is the worst feeling in the world. She is tough and I am so proud to be her husband. I'd marry her 1000 times over.

I must admit I love receiving gifts; however, this Christmas ALL I want is to enjoy the day with Rachel and Abbey. I am so blessed. I have two wonderful parents, a brother and sister that love me, great in-laws, a beautiful (and healthy) wife and daughter and a handful of incredible friends. Who needs a Christmas list with blessings such as these?

6 Comments:

Blogger Brian Thrift said...

Klint,
Glad to hear that Rachel is home. There is great power and comfort when you are home. I know you and her will sleep much better at home together. Tell her that Aly and I are continuing to pray for her. Have a great Christmas. Get good pictures of abbey opening her presents. Enjoy every minute.
BT

8:14 PM  
Blogger Bradford L. Stevens said...

I had so looked forward to coming up there next week to be with you all for Abbey's birthday party! You must take lots of pictures and videos for us. The fragility of life that Scott mentions bit us again. I am typing this with my one good eyeball after having had retinal surgery yesterday. The doctor says no flying for a couple of months, so we will have to make do. I am so thrilled that Rachel has this ordeal behind her now. God is good!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Your little girl is adorable. What sweet, sweet pictures. I pray you and Rachel and Abbey have a warm, cozy, blessed Christmas.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Kirsten Alana said...

You and the rest of the Pleasant family have been an inspiration to me this year, I pray you get exactly what you wish for Christmas this year! Merry Christmas :-)

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so great to hear that Rachel has come through her surgery and is recovering at home. My prayer is for her strength and complete healing. She is a very courageous woman. Enjoy this Christmas with your family. May the new year hold incredibly rich blessings for you, Rachel, and Abbey.

Randy Dill

2:06 PM  
Blogger Bradford L. Stevens said...

Glad to hear that Rachel is feeling a little better each day! You are on my heart and in my prayers.

Love,

DAD

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home