Name:
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States

I love spending time with friends and family (especially my wife Rachel and daughters Abbey and Julia).

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Getting Better On Christmas Eve

After a few "bumps," Rachel seems to be getting better. She gave us a few scares since we've been home from the hospital. We had to call the nurse the first day because her bladder was not working. The nurse said we had until 3:00 in the afternoon or we needed to go to the ER. Right around 3:00 the bladder "kicked in." She then started complaining about funny "noises" in her head. She desribed the noises as clanging and grinding sounds. I asked her to call our neuro-surgeon's assistant. The nurse said that this was not a good sign and she explained there was a build up of fluid. Obviously, this was discouraging, as Rachel and I did not have the energy (mentally or physically) to go back to the hospital and deal with more issues. The nurse pleaded with Rachel to take it easy and call her back the next morning. So far so good, as Rachel claims that the "noises" are fading. We are looking forward to the next few days. We plan on spending the day together wrapping gifts and we might get together with family for dinner and then participate in a Christmas Eve worship service at our church. We are excited to experience Abbey's first Christmas and we daily count our blessings.

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

I tend to suffer from noises in my head year round, or are those voices? I can't remember.
Klint, I am so thankful that Rachel is continuing to improve. I can't think of a better Xmas gift than that. Thanks for letting me help y'all on the journey this past week.
I hope and pray that the rest of the holiday season is a shining reminder of the hope of God's love.
We'll see y'all in a week.
May the grace and peace of God be with you, Rachel, and Abby.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Klint,

I am glad Rachel is improving. Both of you continue to top my prayer list. Continue to enjoy your beautiful wife and your precious baby Abbey. I love you.

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home