Name:
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States

I love spending time with friends and family (especially my wife Rachel and daughters Abbey and Julia).

Friday, January 13, 2006

Rachel (And Klint) Update

Rachel is doing well. She is waiting for her drivers rehab class to start. The class will teach her to make up for her loss of vision as she gets back on the road. She will also get special mirrors for the car if she needs them. She gets VERY tired and fatigued during the day which makes it difficult for her to take care of Abbey but we seem to find a way to make it each day. We are getting involved with small group at church and trying to get out more which I think is great for her and the entire family. I am staying very busy at work as I just took on more responsibilities. Abbey is growing fast! She does something new everyday. My dad and I are going to watch Kent State play basketball this weekend. For those of you who don't know I coached at KSU in 2001-2002, great memories and one of the best years of our life. Rachel and I still miss Kent. Coach Christian asked me to sit on the bench but I think I'm going to pass. If I do that I'm afraid I would be too tempted to jump up and start coaching. Rachel said I was pretty "active" on the bench. In fact, I can't remember a time I coached sitting down. I spoke at a local high school the other day. We gathered in the gym and they asked me to use a microphone. I kindly said, "were in a gym, so I don't think I'll need one." They had no idea what I was talking about. Thanks for your continued prayers!

Klint

6 Comments:

Blogger Conni H. said...

Klint- Glad to hear that all in well with you and Rachel and Abbey. We were starting to wonder about you...you havent updated in a while.

We'd love to see new pics of Abbey.

We continue to pray for you and your family.

1:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coach, it' been a long time! I've thought about you regularly over the past year and wanted to get in touch with you but didn't know how. Finally, Rodney emailed me about your blogspot. Obviously a lot's happened in your life since we've last talked...enough to almost bring me to tears as I read through some of your posts. I just want you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. It's great to see the progress Rachel is making. I have your number now so you'll be hearing from me soon! Til then...

12:51 PM  
Blogger Klint Pleasant said...

Rance:
Wish you could have seen the look on my face when I saw your comment. Can't wait to catch up. My email is kpleasant@rc.edu

Hope all is well. It was a pleasure to coach you!


p.s. if you have not read the entry in September titled "attempt to retell the story" you should read it before we talk so you know what has happened.
KP

6:26 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

Rachel (and Klint),
It is so good to hear that you are getting better day by day. I'll pray that God paves the way for you to gain some more independence. I can't imagine how frustrating that would be to not be able to go where you want when you want. I love seeing pics of your beautiful baby girl. Blessings, Tiffany Dahlman (Mangan)

10:43 PM  
Blogger Brian Thrift said...

Klint,
What a road you have traveled!! Hope you enjoyed the KSU game, I know Coach was happy to see you. I know it was fun working for you at ACU. Look forward to seeing you in Feburary.
BT

3:25 PM  
Blogger Bradford L. Stevens said...

So how was the Kent State game? You need to update your blog and let us all know! I posted a comment to Mike Cope's blog tonight on the subject you wrote me about. Tell Rachel to take some pictures of you, her and Abbey! We need some new pictures!

God bless,

Your demanding father-in-law,

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home