Name:
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States

I love spending time with friends and family (especially my wife Rachel and daughters Abbey and Julia).

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The $18 Haircut



My wife walked into the living room this evening and I about fell out of the chair. She wanted to get her hair trimmed as it has been growing wild since the last time I shaved it (sometime around New Years???). She insisted on a "cheap" haircut so she went to see my barber in Rochester. I encouraged her to go to one of the expensive lady salons but she passed. When she walked in this evening (thanks for taking her Kim!) I could not believe it. Rachel has worn her hair a few different ways throughout the past 8 years we've been together. It's naturally curly (and I mean curly) but in Abilene she had it straigtened. I loved it curly but it looked great straight as well. However, this is my favorite style so far. She looks great. I hope she will consider wearing it this short for awhile but I know she's anxious to grow it out.

Abbey and I were alone tonight for a few hours and every time it's just the two of us, I'm reminded of how close it was to being that way the rest of our lives and having to raise her without Rachel. In fact, it's still hard to be alone with Abbey because those thoughts and memories come racing back.

But the $18 haircut reminded me that things are getting back to normal and at the moment...all is well.

8 Comments:

Blogger Clint said...

Klint, you better reconsider letting her out of the house without you. That is one hot babe.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Rachel's hair is beautiful! You better watch out, I think we have a craddle robbing Abilenian headed your way! Have fun with your precious bride! Love you.

2:35 AM  
Blogger Candy said...

You're right Klint, Rachel looks fantastic in this cut! And talk about low maintenance.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Brian Thrift said...

Forget about the hair. Look at that smile. That's the Rachel that Alyson and I have grown to love. Her smile just comforts whoever she meets. Hopefully Abbey will get that smile as well. Praise God for His continued blessings on your family.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Bradford L. Stevens said...

Rachel has not been that low maintenace since she was about age 11. Great Picture Rachel! Thanks for sharing. You made my day!

Love,

DAD

2:11 PM  
Blogger hannah said...

No more hats Rae! Your new look is super cute with your big eyes & smile. What a savings on hair products! You look fantastic...and who's hair is longer now- yours or Abbey's?
p.s. nice complimentary husband too!

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel,

You are beautiful as always! Your hair looks great. You are very fortunate to have the thick curly hair. God has been so gracious to all of you. It is an encouragement to me to see your face and be reminded of how He is in control of our lives and helps us get through the tough times. Love, Elaine Schwenker

11:48 AM  
Blogger Princess Good Idea said...

I was checking out other bloggers who like Ann Lamott. I figured that was "good people". I see I'm right.

To add my two cents. With brown eyes like hers she can wear her hair anyway she wants!!!

Aime

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home