Name:
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States

I love spending time with friends and family (especially my wife Rachel and daughters Abbey and Julia).

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Christmas Will Come 6 Days Early!

Much to our surprise, Rachel will get her skull bone back on December 19th! We had an appointment with our neuro-surgeon on Tuesday and he said Rachel's latest MRI looked good and he agreed to move up the surgery date. Originally it was scheduled for mid-February. Great news!!! Rachel is ready. She experiences a lot of discomfort when she stands up, coughs or sneezes. Due to her skull bone missing, she feels pressure when she strains. She also is excited to grow her hair back especially since it's winter now, her head gets VERY cold when she is outside. We still are confused about the heart procedure. Our neuro-surgeon said that she should have the procedure. He did agree to refer us to another doctor (cardiac surgeon) to get a third opinion. However, we will get the skull bone back before we make any decisions about the heart. A lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. A few months ago I was certain that Rachel and I would never have another holiday together.

This was by far my favorite Thanksgiving. It becomes so cliche but it's so true...there is no greater blessing than family.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Glad to see pictures of your family in St. Louis for the holiday. Yes, the news that Rachel can have her skull surgery before Christmas is good! You guys have gone through so much in the past few months, but God has blessed you over and over. Abbey is growing and I'm sure is more and more a joy as the days go by. I miss having you in Abilene. I remember last Thanksgiving at the Logue's. We have memories to cherish and God continues to bless. Love you all, Roberta

8:42 PM  
Blogger Bradford L. Stevens said...

I woke up about 5:00 a.m. when I heard Abbey cry this morning. I got up and Rachel was already holding her and singing to her. As I stood in the dark and observed, I felt so thankful to the Lord that even with all of Rachel's limitations here she was being a mother to Abigail. I realized in that moment how many prayers of so many (including mine) have been answered in a wonderful way. I could not help but flash back to the days when I used to hold Rachel as she now holds Abbey. I wonder how this heritage of faith that is being passed down from generation to generation will play out in the life of Abigail? I do not know how; but, I have a hope that transcends my human knowledge that God has something very special in mind for Abigail! Blessed be the name of the Lord!

Grandpa Brad

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home