Name:
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States

I love spending time with friends and family (especially my wife Rachel and daughters Abbey and Julia).

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Please Pray For My Friends


Brian and Aly Thrift our good friends of ours. We grew to be close friends last year while in Abilene together. They recieved some bad news yesterday. Aly had a "lump" removed and it tested positive for cancer. They did find out today that only the inside of the mass was cancerous so we are hoping it did not spread. However, Aly is 5 months pregnant and her doctors are recommending chemotherapy. I spoke with Brian this evening and they have calls in to a doctor in Boston and Houston. They are waiting to get some advice on what to do next. I tried not to say much to Brian on the phone but since I have a little experience I told him to get the best physicians he can find, establish a plan and start the journey. I do not know how much they are talking about this but I feel the need to ask for prayers. I know how much it meant (and still means) to me to hear people praying, calling and emailing. I urge you to post a comment encouraging the Thrift family. Aly is 30 and Brian is 33 and they are 5 months pregnant. They face some difficult times and I pray that they feel loved and supported by their family, friends and their entire faith community. Please pray and feel free to write your prayer as a comment.

Thank You.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Klint,
Brian and Aly are in my prayers!! I know they must feel scared but I also know that they trust God. My prayers are with Baby Thrift as he grows and develops in Aly's womb. Alana sent out an email today letting the small group know of Aly's need for intercession. I am thankful that you and Rachel can minister to Brian and Aly during this trying time. Hugs.
Lauren

9:50 PM  
Blogger Bradford L. Stevens said...

Klint,
The church that meets at McKnight Road in St. Louis will be lifting Brian and Aly up in prayer. We have some real prayer warriors that we will engage. There is a great picture of Aly and Abbey on my Wed. Oct. 12, 2005 blog at: http://bradfordlstevens.blogspot.com/2005_10_01_bradfordlstevens_archive.html that I would share with anyone about how wonderful Aly and Brian have been to your family. You and Rachel will now have a chance to give back to them. Please extend our love and concern.

God bless,

Brad Stevens

10:13 PM  
Blogger Conni H. said...

Klint, we will certainally pray for Brian and Aly and their little one. God has shown so much power in healing in recent days in the lives of many around us, and it is my prayer that He will do the same for this family. I will make a point to share their story with friends so that they can be praying as well. Please let us know how things are going.

Blessings to you and yours, and to the Thrift family.

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KLINT, JUST READ YOUR LATEST ENTRY. PLEASE KNOW THAT I WILL BE PRAYING FOR THE THRIFTS. I WILL PASS ON THE NEED FOR PRAYERS FOR THEM, TO MY GROUP OF WOMEN PRAYER WARRIORS ESPECIALLY. WE CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR RACHEL, YOU AND ABBEY. THE SONG, "WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS" COMES TO MIND, AND ALSO "DOES JESUS CARE." PHYLLIS HAYNES (FORMERLY OF McKNIGHT RD. IN ST. LOUIS AND NOW IN SMYRNA, TN.)

10:58 PM  
Blogger hannah said...

A continuation of all the prayers above... Friends in Memphis are now praying for Aly, Brian, and baby Thrift. I pray God will bless them with the same healing, strength, and peace he has recently shown this family. We are believers in prayer!
Aly- Rachel has talked about you so much I feel like I know you! You've been such a blessing to her; now its your turn to be greatly blessed... Love and prayers, Hannah Stevens

1:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Klint, this is Sue Harnack, Brian's mother. Thank you so much for posting prayer request for Brian & Alyson on this site. This week there is a specific prayer request for them. They have just consulted with a 3rd surgeon in Lubick, she has given them a totally different type of treatment than the first two doctors, so they are really confused as to what treatment to pursue. They are meeting with a 4th and final surgeon in Dallas on Monday, after that appointment they have to make a decission as to what treatment to do. Since every doctor they have seen has a different type to treatment, they are asking for God to show them a clear direction to take for treatment for Alyson. Also part two of this prayer request is for Brian, he is so close to having his Master Degree, but in the last couple of weeks he has missed all his classes and 3 tests and between coming to Michigan and driving all over Texas for games & doctors and there is still more ahead, I believe Brian & Alyson are mentally & physically exhausted. So I pray for strength for Brian & Alyson and also prayer that Brian's professors will be understanding during this time. I know I am asking for alot, but if ye ask not, ye receive not... so I am asking on behalf of Brian & Alyson for prayer warriors to send up prayers on their behalf... Our entire family is so grateful for this opportunity for God's grace to pour out on Brian & Alyson and sweet little baby boy... God Bless you and your family.. Sue Harnack

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home