Name:
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States

I love spending time with friends and family (especially my wife Rachel and daughters Abbey and Julia).

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Rachel Will Drive Again

Again, sorry for the delay. Rachel and I met with a neuro eye doctor at Henry Ford last Thursday. After 2 hours of examination the doctor said Rachel will drive again! It will be a few months and she will have to participate in a drivers therapy class. Moreover, the doctor did say she will never drive in downtown or congested areas, just local basic driving. She has lost vision in both eyes but the doctor feels confident she can make up for it and teach herself how to function with the loss. Needless to say rachel is excited! On the way back from Detroit after the good news she said, "I would rather have this than a million dollars." She is READY to get out and have her independence back. We still do not know about the bone plate and the heart procedure. I'm going to call the neuro-surgeon sometime this week. Rachel has experienced headaches for the last three days, they always come in the evening. I will always be on edge when she has a headache, however, I hope they are nothing. Her MRI report from last Saturday was good so maybe she just "over did it" this week. If she has them this week we WILL call the doctor! I'm trying to convince her not to wear her helmet this morning to church simply because she looks so good with a "buzz" and I want other women to see it. Well, off to church then the Lions game! Thanks for all the prayers and comments.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you and Rachel.

Mark Stewart
Bloomington, IL

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home