Name:
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States

I love spending time with friends and family (especially my wife Rachel and daughters Abbey and Julia).

Friday, November 11, 2005

I Wish I Had My Dad's Heart



I didn't want to post a blog until I had the diagnosis. My Dad had an irregular heart test the other day and went in for a heart catherization. They ended up putting THREE stents in during the procedure! The doctor said he was a "walking time bomb" as his main artery was 90% blocked! His other arteries had minimal blockage so we avoided open heart surgery. He has had a difficult year. The following are just a few events he has been through in the past year. He performed his father-in-laws eulogy, his best friends eulogy, Katie Kirkpartick's eulogy (a close friend who died of cancer at 22 yrs of age), his own mother's eulogy, his wife (my mom) suffered a stroke, his daughter (my sister) had 3 miscarriages and he almost lost Rachel, his daughter-in-law. My mother is begging him to take some time off as he teaches, preaches and coaches! The good news is that he should start to feel young again as he has great blood flow to his heart. He is rocking his grand-daughter to sleep as I write this blog. If that's not motivation to follow up with diet and exercise I don't know what is.

**Above picture is a stent procedure. Dad has three.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW. Tell coach we hope he will be able to fly now. Tell our little Texan hook'em horns \/. Give Rachel a hug for us.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Bradford L. Stevens said...

We are thankful that he could avoid the big Bypass surgery operation! I have eaten fish the last 2 days in Garth's honor! I can't think of better motiviation than rocking a granddaughter as cute as Abigail! God bless,

10:01 PM  
Blogger hannah said...

So glad you hear your Dad's recovering well. I love how he's "Coach" to literally thousands of people. You have an awesome Dad! Wish I was hanging out with Rach, Ree, and Abbey this weekend! Love you guys~ Hannah

2:51 AM  
Blogger Conni H. said...

Klint- I will add your dad to my prayer list. I pray that Rachel is doing well also.
Blessings to you and yours.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Klint and Rachel,

I just wanted to let you both know how much I love you! I know that you are both being used powerfully and effectively in Michigan. Your relationship with our God and one another is a model to me and so many others. Thank you for allowing the presence of the Spirit and his counsel lead your lives. I pray God's most lavish and abundant blessings on Abbey and both of you. Mr. Pleasant will be in my prayers as he continues to recover. Lauren Cunningham

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home