Name:
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States

I love spending time with friends and family (especially my wife Rachel and daughters Abbey and Julia).

Thursday, January 04, 2007

36 Inches




Abbey had her 2 year check up today. She weighed in at 28 pounds (50th percentile) and measured 36 inches (3 feet) tall (off the chart). This is good news!

Our doctor explained to us that studies show your child will be double their height at 2 years old (give or take an inch). Do the math...Abbey should be 72 inches (6 feet)!!!

After coaching basketball for seven years and being in and out of locker rooms I was excited to hear the news that we were having a little girl. And for the past two years I have been thinking about how nice it is to have a girl thats into "girlie" stuff. And I must admit that I have encouraged the baby dolls, make-up kits, Cinderella and pretty dresses. However, things might be changing a little bit. I was thinking after the doctor visit..."a girl, six feet tall." My mom was thinking model but I was thinking WNBA!

I know a little bit about basketball, I know several women's college coaches and did I mention she may be "six feet tall." My moms thinking cover of Vogue and I'm thinking a six foot point guard in womens basketball...she'll dominate. So I may start to encourage playing with the ball a little more and the dolls a little less.

When we left the doctors office the first thing she said was, "Can I go see "coach" at his gym? ("coach" is her grandpa)." So maybe it will all work out and I won't even have to push it.

Either way, a six feet tall WNBA star or a five feet tall whatever...I will always love her...unconditionally.

4 Comments:

Blogger Clint said...

WNBA MVP Comets star Abbey Pleasant on cover of Vogue. I want a signed copy.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Klint Pleasant said...

you'll get more than a signed copy. We'll give you 10% of her earnings for a free week at Stone Cabins!!! Hope all is well Clint.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Bradford L. Stevens said...

Just keep her hanging around Palmer and Coach and she will be bouncing a ball in no time!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Candy said...

You sound just like a dad. I love that. She's beautiful.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home