Name:
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States

I love spending time with friends and family (especially my wife Rachel and daughters Abbey and Julia).

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Bagels (and Llamas) With Abbey

Abbey and I have started a tradition. We've been doing it faithfully now for a few months and I hope it lasts. On Saturday morning I take her out for bagels...just the two of us. We give her mother some "personal" time after a long week and let her start the weekend with peace and quiet. We each get a whole wheat bagel at Big Apple Bagels just north of Oxford and we sit there and chat and watch all the other patrons. This Saturday was special because we hooked up with Abbey's cousin Palmer and her Aunt Kimmy and Uncle Randy. So after bagels we decided to drive to Sherwood Forest and let them see the petting zoo that they set up throughout the holiday season. Of course, Abbey LOVED all the animals but she really liked the "silly" Llama. She had never seen a Llama before and we had never run across any in her animal books so this was a fun "first time." She has been asking about the "silly" Llama ever since.

I wish I had a picture to share with you but I don't carry a camera on "dates with Abbey." However, pictures that are etched in our minds...are the best kind.

10 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

What precious time to share! I am so glad she had such a fun time at the Forest. Give her a big hug for me.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Bradford L. Stevens said...

It is o.k. to take a digital camera. Someday you will wish you had! :-)

5:21 PM  
Blogger hannah said...

she's precious when she says "I want a bay-gul, a bay-gul Daddy". we're so impressed with her "Happy Birthday" song too!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Klint Pleasant said...

Thanks Aunt Hannah. Abbey is so grateful that you are a speech-path so you can eventually help her with the tougher words!!!

8:50 PM  
Blogger Clint said...

join the 21st century and get a picture phone.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Klint Pleasant said...

CL:
I haven't heard from you in months and I finally do and its mean! Some things ever change. Actually, I miss seeing you and miss our conversations! But I'm sticking to it regardless of what you or my father-in-law say...some moments are better when they are actually experiences and not just caught on camera. That being said...I wish I had a nice shot of Abbey and the Llama!
KP
**Hows San Antone? Any luck in Fredricksburg?

7:54 PM  
Blogger Clint said...

klint you are just selfish, we made an offer on the land you went and saw with me. it looks like he is going to except it. Nichole and Brian have put in their notice and will move down at the end of the month.

tell Rachel i understand how she is feeling and we love her.

more pics.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Bradford L. Stevens said...

I agree with Clint...more pics!

6:56 AM  
Blogger Bradford L. Stevens said...

Time to post some new pictures! Or, you can at least lament that the Detroit Tigers are trailing the St. Louis Cardinals 2-1 in the World Series right now! But, we won't rub it in if we can see some new Abbey pix!!!!

11:23 PM  
Blogger Bradford L. Stevens said...

Well since you don't have any new pictures of Abbey, we will just have to talk about BASEBALL! How about those CARDS????

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home