Name:
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States

I love spending time with friends and family (especially my wife Rachel and daughters Abbey and Julia).

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Good Friday

Rachel and I were invited to a Good Friday service at a local community church (Kensington) on Friday night. We both really enjoyed it. The service consisted of praise and worship, communion and clips of Mel Gibson's movie. No matter how many times you hear the message; the story of Jesus is OVERWHELMING!

I remember taking my entire b-ball team at ACU to see the movie when it first came out. After the movie I drove home with my center (6"8 250 lbs. from Germany) he had been in the German military and was only a few years younger than me. He was a GREAT guy but claimed to be an agnostic. The car ride home was dead silent and just before I pulled up to his apartment to drop him off he said, "Coach do you really think one man did all that?" Hard to believe isn't it. However, the old hymn says is so well; "But we believe that angels said, why seek the living with the dead, but we believe..."

2 Comments:

Blogger Bradford L. Stevens said...

The wonder of his mercy and grace increases as we live life and experience it without him. He is the way, the truth and the light. The kingdom is entered through the narrow gate. It is a miracle that any of us find it.

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesus Christ is Risen, Alleluia, Alleluia! It was wonderful to see you at the NCAA game! The Christian bond that we share will never be broken and that helped make a very special work relationship at Kent with you. Miss you every day but know that God is leading you where he needs you to to. Maybe one day he will lead you back to Kent! You are so right about "The Passion". I saw it more than once when it was first released and it brought me to tears each time to think that Jesus loves me so much that he would endure all of that for my sins. How powerful for people who don't believe because I know how much it strengthened my walk with Jesus just realizing how brutal the crucifixion was. We will continue to keep all of you in our thoughts and prayers. Keep up your great work Klint. Even though we miss you, we know you are where God needs you to be and keep sharing the faith! This world needs it!

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home