Name:
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States

I love spending time with friends and family (especially my wife Rachel and daughters Abbey and Julia).

Monday, October 03, 2005

"Thanks For Always Being There Doc"

I have been wanting to post a blog about my friends for some time now. However, everytime I sit down to do it I seem to get distracted or called away. Last night, after I put Abbey to bed, Rachel and I were "winding down" in the living room. As I was changing channels I ran across the movie "Tombstone." It was about half over but I watched it to the end anyway. There are several great scenes in the movie but the one that jumped out to me last night and motivated me to post this blog was the a scene near the end. Doc Holliday is on his death bed and his friend Wyatt Earp comes to visit him (as he does everyday). However, this time Doc knows he's going to die at any minute and he does not want Wyatt to see him like that. He begs Wyatt to leave. Finally Wyatt agrees to leave and as he's leaving he turns to Doc and says, "Thanks for always being there Doc," and walks out. You have to see the entire movie to appreciate that, but Wyatt and Doc were good friends and they always could count on each other.
I realize that there are a lot of people out there who have close, special friends. However, I cannot imagine anybody having a group of closer friends than I do. I'm commiting the cardinal sin here because once you start naming people your bound to leave some off...but here goes anyway.

John Pleasant (my brother): A true friend and a great brother who never left my side as I walked through the "Valley of the shadow of death."

Scott Samuels: Scott, like Johnny, was there the night Rachel had emergency surgury. He followed right behind the ambulance at 110 mph and prayed over me several times as Rachel was in surgury. Thank you Scott!

Travis Bass and Andy Blackston: I don't have the words. I cannot imagine journeying through life without the two of you. Travis flew in from Idaho and Andy flew in from Tennessee. I probably would not be a faithful Christain if it were not for these guys.

Clayton Bissett: Loyalty, Loyalty, Loyalty. Clayton has stood by my side during some hard times, including this one. The epitome of a friend.

George Evjen: A long time friend. Thanks for all you do for me and my family. You mean so much and I thank you for being there for us through these difficult times.

Randy Speck: Like Johnny, not really a friend, but a brother. I appreciate the timely calls and I know you were a "prayer warrior." You are a special friend and brother.

Brian Thrift: Although I did not see Brian throughout all this he sent me an e-mail that meant more to me than any other I received. In fact, I still refer back to it for comfort. Thank you Brian!

Clint Logue: 2000 miles could not seperate us!!! And I know if you weren't paralyzed you would have been here (don't worry, we joke like that!) You are a special friend and mentor. Can't wait to see you!

Josh Graves: You voice mail meant so much to me. I appreciate our friendship.

Eric Magnuson: Thanks for making all the trips to the hospitals(s). Your kindness did not go unnoticed.

Mike Cope and Rubel Shelly: You both will NEVER know how much your calls and e-mails meant to me. Thank you.

Randy Harris: Like Andy and Travis, words cannot express my appreciation. Your voice was a source of safety and comfort throughout the scariest moments of my life. You are truly my spiritual mentor and have shaped my faith more than anyone else. Thank You.

Finally, my Dad: No son has a better one.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In Defense of Buzzwords
He remarks in his commentary... Great stuff . But one thing is still missing. We need a return to plain, honest, human language ; to be rid forever of management-speak and buzzcrud.
I have a [credentials] site/blog. It pretty much covers [credentials] related stuff.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Klint,
Thank you for the gift of walking through this with you. Know that we are all still here, just a call away. We love the three of you.
Grace and peace, erm

7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no joke

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Klint, Rachel and Abbey,
Still thinking of you and praying for you. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and daily goings on. Heard from Ida and Pat today.
Blessings to you all.
Doris and Bob

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home