Name:
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States

I love spending time with friends and family (especially my wife Rachel and daughters Abbey and Julia).

Thursday, September 08, 2005

There Is A Time...

Well, I've spent a lot of time thinking about the theology behind all this. And I must admit I tend to be a borderline deist. To be a person of faith is to live with mystery and to be a person of prayer is to pray with mystery. I remember last week asking people to pray for 3 things; 1) I wanted my wife to know and FEEL how much I love her, 2) I did not want to see my wife scared and 3) I wanted to be fully present with my wife each and every moment we were together. I (and nobody else) knows exactly how God works. I find it difficult sometimes to pray for physical intervention. However, I want to share with you what happened to me this past week. I believe God "drew the curtain back" for a moment and allowed me to catch a glimpse of the Divine. I was reminded of a poem that's been around for thousands of years. It goes something like this, "there is a time and season for everything..." It goes on to say, "there is a time for sickness and there is a time for healing." I realized that God declared it a time and season of healing in my families life. Oh, I realize there will be a time for sickness but at the moment God has allowed a time for healing. I have received this as the work of God! There is a time for everything... and at the moment my family and I are enjoying a time of healing. Thank you for presenting your request before the throne on my families behalf. I have some further thoughts on prayer I will try and share tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

Klint

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

O how I would love to sit and visit with you. Isn’t life interesting. God open our eyes to who you are and who we are that we may truly know you. We pray without ceasing for ya’ll (your little Texan will understand that). How about a picture of all three of you.

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God's healing power is so Amazing! We just want you to know that we have been following Rachel's road to recovery and your family remains in our prayers.
Russell and Laurie (Garrison) Frantz (Hannah's friend from Lipscomb)

12:45 AM  
Blogger Candy said...

I'm with Clint. I would love to sit and visit with you and Rachel. I know this has already been an extraordinary journey and I'd love to hear more. Continuing to pray for God to pour out more of the Divine over your family. Keep a journal!

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Klint and Rachel,
I can't tell you how thankful we all are that prayers have been answered. We have been so worried and we have been bugging Kim for information for weeks.
This is such an excellent way of getting updates on Rachel. Please know that we are all praying and we know the road ahead is still going to be very hard. With the love and faith of your family though, miracles are definitely going to happen.

You are in our prayers and our hearts.
Love,
Tina and Anna and all our clan too :)

8:52 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Klint and Rachel,

I am so thankful for the way God has shown you both mercy in this season of healing. Please know that your precious family is in my prayers and that I love you both very much. Thank you for this word of encouragement today. Be blessed as you continue to watch God's hand at work!

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BLESSED BE THE NAME OF THE LORD!

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Klint - I can remember our conversation outside of Kansas City back in the summer of 2000. Our question then, and still remains, that if God is sovereign ...why pray???

I have prayed more in the past year than I have ever had. Speaking for myself, praying has been an act of surrender - an act of giving it over to Him. An action which says that I am going to step aside & let him do as He will.

I may not like the ways things are, but left up to me - I know that I will make it worse...i.e. - God knows best & I don't. Sometimes the things that seem like disasters turn into the things that give us the most faith. Klint, I pray that this is one of these moments for you and your family.

The Serenity Prayer has helped me:
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change. The courage to change the things I can, And the wisdom to know the difference. Thy Will not Mine be Done.

God bless!

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home