Name:
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States

I love spending time with friends and family (especially my wife Rachel and daughters Abbey and Julia).

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Getting Better

Rachel is doing well. I actually left her for about 24 hours last weekend. I had a trip planned to Ohio and I was going to cancel, however, Rachel encouraged me to go. I went back to Kent, Ohio and visited church in the Falls. Rachel and I were members at church in the Falls during our Kent State days. It is a WONDERFUL group of people. In fact, leaving church in the Falls was probably just as hard as leaving Kent State. I worshipped at church in the Falls on Sunday and was able to publicly thank everyone for their incredible kindness thoughout all this. We have some great friends in Ohio!!!

It has been hard to write a new blog because writing the last blog was such a healing experience for me. I appreciate all the kind responses! Back to Rachel. She is doing well. In fact, she started therapy yesterday. She is getting Occupational, Speech and eventually Vision therapy. Occupational therapy is the priority right now. The goal is to re-teach her how to take care of Abbey all by herself. Rachel's rash is almost all gone and she is off the steroid!!! Thanks for all the prayers. Other than the therapy sessions, we are waiting for an October 11th appointment with the neuro-surgeon (who did the surgery) to evaluate Rachel and hopefully give us an exact date when Rachel will get her skull bone back (it sounds funny saying that). Rachel's mother (Sue) is still here and has been a tremendous help. Sue will return to St. Louis next week, however, a good friend (Allison Thrift) is coming to help out for a week (thanks Aly!!!!). So many people have helped out in so many ways. I hope I can take the time someday to thank each and every one of you individually. The meals, cards, visits, e-mails, prayers, flowers, money, etc...we have been so blessed. It 's amazing when you can actually witness people "fleshing out" the Kingdom of God. Thank You.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow! We are so glad that Rachel is doing so much better. You are all still in our thoughts and prayers. We miss and love you!

Larry & Carolyn Newton

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear things are moving in a positive direction. Sorry to hear Aly is coming up but what can you do. I guess you have to take what you can get. Alana says hi and wishes she was coming up too.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Candy said...

That makes 3 of us! Wish Alana and I were both coming. I'd be willing to bet Lynette would like to be thrown in on that mix. We miss you guys so much! So so glad things are moving forward with that rash and with therapy. Thanks for keeping us informed! love you guys!

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Klint,
Thanks for all the updates! I have been checking in everyday since this adventure began. We are thankful that Rachel is improving so well. Our prayers continue to be with you all. We wish you were closer so we could help, but are grateful you are close to your family and wonderful doctors. Please tell Rachel and Sue, HELLO!
Love to you all,
Maria Moore

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home