Name:
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States

I love spending time with friends and family (especially my wife Rachel and daughters Abbey and Julia).

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Ty Bass

If you read my last blog entry about "Golfing and Traveling..." well that's not going to happen now. My dear friend Travis Bass, who was flying in from Seattle to make this trip with me, tragically lost his brother, Ty Bass, yesterday. Ty was young (I believe 30) but lived a difficult life. Ty had many health complications as a young boy and never fully recovered from many of them. In fact, I have heard Travis say that they never thought Ty would even make it to adulthood. Ty was a fighter, however, and lived for 30 years. I only knew Ty through Travis and was able to spend little bits of time with him when I would visit Seattle. Ty was gentle, friendly, kind and very generous. He would literally give you the shirt off his back if you needed it or asked for it. I recall one trip Travis and I made down the Oregon coast and Ty heard we were there and insisted we use some of his travel reward points to stay in a condo on the Pacific Ocean...that's how he was. He was very compassionate towards people and had a very special relationship with his sweet mother, Sheila. I'm sad for the Bass family but in an odd way rejoice with them because Ty was always in great physical pain...and we know he's not anymore.

Please remember the Bass family (Randy, Sheila and Travis) these next few days as they will be difficult ones. I believe they will come together and love each other in new and special ways as times of pain and grief usually do that.

It's such a relief to know we serve a God that in the end remains faithful to his promises. He was madly in love with Ty and I believe he's now resting comfortably in His gentle and warm embrace.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said...

Klint, thank you so much for the kind words about Ty. I will pass this on to Travis. The plants you all sent yesterday are just beautiful. Sheila went on and on about it. We appreciate you and Rachel so much, your friendships to Travis and I are priceless!

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Klint, I love you so much, I am sitting here crying and listenning to "When we all get to Heaven" by Allan Jackson and I cant wait for all to be in Paradise togehter.

Ty always wanted the song "Goodbye" by Audio Andrenaline played when he died. If you get a chance listen to it. It is really good.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say Hi to my buddy Klint! This is Stephen Cornwell. I had to click on "anonymous" down below because evidently either I just don't get this blog stuff or I have been socially discriminated against because I have no google/blogger identity or "other". I believe it could be because I have not given any money to Lipscomb since graduating, and even then I didn't, my parents did!

Klint, it's great to find you on here. I hope everything is going well.

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home