Name:
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States

I love spending time with friends and family (especially my wife Rachel and daughters Abbey and Julia).

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Golfing and Traveling

I'm taking a short trip this weekend. My dear friend Travis Bass is coming up from Seattle to play in a golf tournament with me this weekend. We are going up a day early to do some sightseeing in northern MI. As most of you may know, MI has an "upper peninsula." My parents would never take me there as a child (we were only allowed to vacation in beautiful Tawas City). However, the "UP" is absolutely beautiful. It is full of national forests, elevation change, rivers, lakes, waterfalls and of course surrounded by the great lakes. We are going to Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore which is in Lake Superior (the largest body of fresh water in the world). We are going to take a ferry boat tour of the lakeshore (see below, beautiful) and then we are going to take another ferry boat ride out to view some shipwreck sites. The ferry boat has a glass bottom so you can see the shipwrecks below!!!

Knowing Travis and I we will probably even find time to ferry over to Mackinac Island and do some hiking!

Eventually, we will end up just south of Traverse City, MI at the Crystal Mountain ski and golf resort for 90 holes of golf in 2 1/2 days!!!

There is nothing I would rather do in the entire world than travel this beautiful country with a dear friend (except of course, travel it with my dear wife and precious daughter!).

Pictures below are Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore and some of the golf courses we will be playing.











2 Comments:

Blogger Clint said...

have fun without me

8:35 PM  
Blogger Brian Thrift said...

Have a FERRY good time. It almost sounds like a romantic trip for a husband and wife...hmm. Just keep hitting them straight...the golf ball that is.

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home