Name:
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States

I love spending time with friends and family (especially my wife Rachel and daughters Abbey and Julia).

Friday, June 02, 2006

Good Books This Past Year

I'm an avid reader. I don't want a Jag, Benz or BMW. But what I do want (someday) is a room in my house that is wall to wall, floor to ceiling, books. I mean nothing but books. That's what I want. Every year when X-mas rolls around Rachel asks me, "what do you want?" And I say, "books." A year ago today we moved back to MI...what a year its been. The following is a list of books that I have read since last June.

"The Body Broken" by Jack Reese

"Plan B-Further Thoughts on Faith" by Anne Lamott

"Little Chapel on the River-A Pub, A Town and A Search for What Matters Most" by Gwendolyn Bounds

"Mere Discipleship" by Lee Camp

"The Year of Magical Thinking" by Joan Didion

"Walk On-The Spiritual Journey of U2" by U2

"A Reporter's Life" by Walter Kronkite

"Wishful Thinking-A Theological ABC" by Frederick Buechner

"Benedict's Way-An Ancient Monk's Insight for a Balanced Life" by Father Homan

"Let Your Life Speak-Listening for the Voice of Vocation" by Parker Palmer

"Deep Survival" by Laurence Gonzales

"Like A Shepard Lead Us" by David Fleer and Charles Siburt

"Blue Like Jazz" by Donald Miller

Thousands of emails and letters from friends and strangers when Rachel was sick.

And of course, I reread my favorite Barbara Brown Taylor and Henri Nouwen books!!!

These books, and many others, have shaped who I am.

2 Comments:

Blogger Clint said...

here is another avid reader.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Great list.
You do realize that Father Homan lives in your backyard in Oxford, don't you? If not, we'll head over there for morning prayers together sometime soon. We'll drag Sammy along with us too.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home