Name:
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States

I love spending time with friends and family (especially my wife Rachel and daughters Abbey and Julia).

Sunday, August 02, 2009

Reason 7,142

There are thousands of reasons why I love my wife.  She truly is a magnificent individual and a wonderful spouse.  Yes, yes....the saying is true, "I over achieved."  

However, the thing I am grateful for today is that she is so simple and not very into style, fashion and the latest trends or fads.  I sometimes refer to her as a "throwback," because I think she represents everything God intended a spouse to be.  For example, we recently started working on the nursery for our little girl (arriving Nov. 22, or thereabouts) and we were able to put Abbey's old crib back together.  It is a white crib, but unfortunately the white rocker/glider we used to have is broken and not useable.  I have a friend who offered some of their old nursery furniture, but it is all made of dark wood.  Rachel responded, "no big deal, that will be fine."  So we will have an old white crib and an even older dark brown rocker/glider.

My guess is that this new little girl will appreciate the love she feels from her mother much more than the latest fashion and color schemes.  Just another reason why I'm glad I married the women I did.  It will be 9 years this Tuesday!

     

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home