Name:
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States

I love spending time with friends and family (especially my wife Rachel and daughters Abbey and Julia).

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Almost 5 Years of Blogging

Below was my very first blog post in Jan of 2005.  I originally started this to journal personal thoughts and have a place to save/archive them.  When I started there were not many blogs out there at all.  Little did i know they would become very popular wheras almost everyone "had to have one."  I have posted about 170 times in 4 1/2 years.  I never intended my blog to be a place where people would visit to "hear what i think and say."  It was just a place for personal reflection and thinking on paper.  I have been humbled to hear that people actually read it (when i used to post regularly!).  i have run into people who have said, "I start my saturday morning with a cup of coffee and your blog."  that being said, i don't think anyone under the age of 50 should be able to write a book...seems a little PRESUMPTUOUS that we would know enough by then to "share our wisdom."  however, I hope to one day lock myself in a cabin (preferably in northern michigan) and write for 30-60 days.  i think i am the oldest 34 year old i know.  my experiences with coaching, traveling, preaching, being a vp at a college that came within moments of closing and of course saying goodbye to a wife (and secretly planning a funeral) only to see her alive again...are all on the tip of my pen/keyboard.  i don't care if it is a personal memior that i print off at kinkos or a ny times best seller...it is something i desire to do.  if i can ever find the time in the midst of my 4 different jobs (vp of enrollment, athletic director, basketball coach and preacher) i really would enjoy it.  


lots of coffee, lake michigan out the front window, big head todd on the ipod, notes from all my blog posts...and a macbook.    




MONDAY, JANUARY 24, 2005

Just the beginning

I have decided to create my own "blog" site. I have been reading my friend Mike Cope's "blog" recently and feel compeled to start my own. I don't know exactly how I will use this. However, I pray that God will bless me as I begin to journal thoughts (hopefully on a daily basis). More thoughts later. Klint 

3 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

I greatly appreciate your writing and your thoughts. Every person has a story to tell and everyone's story is important. Some people write and tell their story better -as you do.

Keep writting.I will be here to read it.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Klint Pleasant said...

Thanks Jerry. Sure do appreciate you.

Klint

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

итак: мне понравилось.. а82ч

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home