Name:
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States

I love spending time with friends and family (especially my wife Rachel and daughters Abbey and Julia).

Sunday, March 09, 2008

A Parents Love

I think I'm just now starting to realize just how much my parents love me...thanks to the fact that I'm now a parent.

Abbey was up most of the night last night and her fever got as high as 103.4. However, what concerned me most was her eyes. She laid there with no energy and her eyes had no life. I ended up calling her doctor at about about 4:30AM. He said as long as she was drinking and the fever didn't get over 104 to keep her in and not go to ER. Who knows, maybe it was nothing but it's the worst feeling in the world to watch your child lay there sick...I hate it!

I love solving problems for people and I'm usually a guy who can make bad situations better, so to watch a sick child lay there and moan when there is nothing I can do about it is awful!

Oh, one more thing...its amazing how ones prayer life changes when in a desperate situation. I never stopped last night and said, "Dear Father..." However, there were several times I just softly spoke, "God, please reduce this child's fever..."

She's feeling a little better this morning and the fever is around 101. Hopefully it doesn't spike again tonight...

2 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Praying for Abbey! Love you guys so much!

Lauren Cunningham

11:00 AM  
Blogger Clint said...

wish ya'll were coming to SA

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home